THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sophie & Alex

Warning: Contains TONS of Pictures!!

So yesterday we introduced 2 new members into the Scott household, Sophie & Alex! Both of them are around 9 weeks old but Sophie appears to have been the runt of the litter-- weighing in at almost 2 1/2 pounds, where her brother is a hearty 4.8!! So I figured I would break this blog down into sections and go from there!!
Sophie:

Sophie was, and still sort of is, the shy one. She really is a tiny little thing and her brother has recognized his advantage over her. On the way home she didn't say a peep-- just hung out in the back and shook a little.


(Now we found these kittens a week ago and put a deposit down to make sure they were ours. This is Sophie when we first met her!)



Since Sophie is sooo small she has not been spayed or declawed yet. The people at the Taylor-Jones Humane Society said that ones she gets home and starts running around she will gain weight and hopefully within the next week she will have gained the weight needed to take care of all that. But...until then..... she is definitely enjoying her claws. Not only does she use them to climb up on my bed (which I can guarantee you she wont be able to do without the claws) but she also uses it as pretty much her only defense against her brother!!



The first day Sophie was here she was very very skiddish! If I took just one step toward her, she ran. And while I knew I had to give her time, I was becoming worried and sad because Winston and I had such an instant connection and I wanted that with Sophie. Oh, side note, while technically both cats belong to both mom and I, Sophie is "mine" and Alex is "mom's". She eventually warmed up to me around 8 or so last night. She came right out of my closet and almost rubbed the skin off of my leg. It was then that I knew we would make a fabulous team. The whole family has been keeping 2 sharp eyes on her to make sure she is eating and drinking (especially dad, he's been very concerned about Sophie drinking-- hes asked like 5 times already lol). We made sure that the first thing the kitties saw was the litter box, and Alex took right to it. But Sophie wanted nothing to do with it. So last night I left my door cracked enough for her to get out and then some-- but she decided to pee buckets on my bed instead-- while she sat there and looked right at me lol!! So I'm trying to watch her today and make sure she pees in the box. So following are some pictures of Miss Sophie!!


First Day:











This Morning:








As for Alex.... well I will leave his beginnings with us to my mom. So check her blog later for the story on him!



So what a week it has been and its only Wednesday! And on top of that-- this has to be a record that I posted 3 blogs in 1 month! Crazy!! Anyway, I'm going to get dressed and head to the vet before work! So I hope everyone has a great week!



1 comments:

Diana Richards said...

Seriously...she looks JUST like Lucy did when we got her. Are you sure she will be short-haired???