THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sisters

So, on Thanksgiving I found out that I was going to be an aunt again! I was absolutely thrilled. Now the first time i found out I was going to be an aunt, when my sister was pregnant with Zachary, i didn't have the same reaction. i really don't know why. I think it might have been because even though my sister lived 2 hours away, i still felt she was mine, and only mine. I know shes married and I don't know why it was different when i found out she was pregnant, but it just was. I was almost upset when I found out. I couldn't understand why she wanted a baby. I was a rough time for me, and I know it wasn't the reaction she expected. But things got better and my feeling changed once Zachary was born. But this time............. i don't know............ it took a lot for me not to break down in tears over the phone when she told me. I feel like my sister and I have been through alot of ups and downs.... we're frustrated with each other and don't talk often........ we're proud of each other and talk when we can. It goes back and forth. Its been that way for a while. But even when I have those days when i feel like I wish things were different, I remember how cool it was to grow up with an older sister and how absolutely horrid and bored I would have been without her. Yea, she did older sister things that I'm sure the younger kids can relate to.. but we joke about them now. My brother-in-law even gives me a hard time about some of the things so I know that I've moved on (for the most part) from being bitter about them.


But there are some things that I know for sure and have learned about my sister that make me miss her everyday and wish i was closer to her.


1. She can beat my butt in Clue anytime, anywhere. And she isn't ashamed to rub it in my face that shes that good. I mean damn, if I was that good id make sure everyone knew about it too. ( you really have no idea of her Clue skills..... really..... you don't!! :) )


2. She ultimately only wants to see me succeed and be happy, even if there are some things i don't want to hear or don't want to acknowledge. That part of being an older sister is looking out for the younger... and she does it in spades!


3. Shes a wonderful mother. Never thought she wouldn't be but it changed her, in my eyes! Cant explain it, just love who she is and who she has become!


4. Though i know I'm not around her that often... she is able to remain calm in extreme situations. Though I'm sure she eventually breaks down once the storm has paced-- she puts on a brave face and pushes through. I wish i has that quality in myself.


5. Shes happy. Plain and simple. And truthfully, that's all I even hoped for her, was that wherever she ended up, she would be happy. And she really is!


So, if anyone who reads this has a brother or sister, younger or older, make sure and take time to truly appreciate the company and eternal bond you were/are privileged to have. There are many people who wish they had a sibling...... and i am soooo lucky I do! Love you sis!





1 comments:

The Rhodes' said...

So cute! Love the pic!