THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy Place

So lately Ive been frustrated, stressed, angry, etc.! Some of the reasons are legitimate, and the other reasons, I think, are just the BAH HUMBUGS, before Christmas. The only thing that has gotten me through this week is knowing that my sister is coming down on Friday!

For years I have tried the meditation thing. But i could never reach that point of total quietness and clairty. But, the other night, I was in the shower, trying real hard to not just burst out in tears of frustration, and I decided to close my eyes and stand there. And like a boulder, it hit me..... the clarity, the peace. I was in a thick tropical rainforest (with no bugs, well no bugs that bite at least), and all of the people who care about me and love me were just walking around admiring the scenery. My cat was chasing a butterfly, and I was sitting right in the middle of everything..... just breathing. It was the closest thing to enlightenment I think ive ever felt. I was 100% at peace. I stayed this way for 5 minutes at least. I cant describe how it felt, only that i wish i could have stayed there longer. So to sum up, I found my happy place.

I made a vow to visit it at least once a day, to clear my head so i wont go back to the angry woman i became in college. With the holidays coming around it couldnt have come at a better time. I hope all of your can find your happy place. Its like no other!

Less then a week till christmas........ try and stay warm and sick-free! Happy Holidays!

0 comments: