THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pateince

OK, so its no secret-- i have a big problem with patience. You would think that working with kids for a living would help this dilemma, but you'd be wrong! I have my good days and bad days just like everyone. But all i can assume is that the upcoming holiday has heightened my frustration. I have this thing about driving-- its called LETS GO THE SPEED LIMIT! Ive never been really big on speeding-- usually 5 over at the most. But when I get stuck behind and elderly person going literally 10 mph on a 30 mph road I feel my blood pressure rise and my hands start to shake. This occurrence, in some sort of fashion, has occurred 3 times in the past 2 days for me. And i came to a very disturbing revelation..................... I HAVE ROAD RAGE!!! I feel its a minor case of it, but i definitely do. I am a firm believer that people over the age of 65 should go in for a yearly drivers test. And when i say test i mean written and an actual DRIVING TEST! I don't want to sound insensitive because i know some of them have no other way to get where they need to go-- but with the way (from my experiences) a majority of them drive, they are putting themselves in danger as well. So i wont go into great detail but i will say that on several occasions i have had to go straight to my room when i get home and tell myself to calm down because i am just ready to explode.

On a happier note, I am now officially signed up to take my GRE February 2ND. Mind you, i am SCARED OUT OF MY MIND but there was the slightest of relief when i finally did it. Now, i have to start to study and get my mind in a MATH mode of some sort. Who needs math anyway. Am i going to sit in a therapy session and do trigonometry with my patients? I THINK NOT!

I am very close to finishing my Christmas shopping. It has sucked me dry but I love this time of year because i love giving gifts! However, i have already told myself that my credit card is getting locked up in my lock box when i finish the purchasing, not to be seen or used for a long long time!! Apparently, i have an online purchasing compulsion! But that is my new years resolution (yes, Ive already made my resolution).

My moms birthday was today it was a very good day! Around this time of year my house is very unstable. Everyday at least one person is in a grumpy mood for one reason or another! But today, everyone was happy, everyone was smiling, and not arguing. It has been really nice! I hope it stays like this for while. I'm not trying to say there's bickering all the time, its just Christmas affects everyone in different ways. All my dad and I can think about it how much we don't want to go to work. And i know my mom is not looking forward to all the dishes that will accumulate throughout the weeks to come from making the gifts for our neighbors and me cooking for my coworkers for our teacher's party. Oh, and don't forget my lack of patience! :)

So anyway, I have 3 more days of FKO then its just the nanny-ing until Jan. 8Th! I'm looking forward to the break! FKO has its Christmas Program tomorrow and while I wont be able to stay home and watch the rest of the broncos game on the computer (not that I'm going to miss much, I'm sure. BUT I'M NOT BITTER!!!), i love watching those kids dressed in their Christmas best jumping around ringing bells and waving streamers.

Until next time..... 17 days. Stay happy, stay humble, stay healthy!

1 comments:

Diana Richards said...

yeah for GRE! You'll do just fine!