THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's the Little Things

So this past week has been one of the longest I can remember! FKO is still proving to be a bit of a challenge with soo many kids at one time. And my nannying job bumped up a notch this week with having to come back at 5 everyday for about 3 weeks. But throughout this most chaotic week there have been small things here and there that lift me up; just little things that make me smile!! Sooooo.... I thought id tell you about them!!

1. After a rough week with the girls I nanny for, they both still come up on Friday when I'm done for the week and give me the biggest hugs!

2. Although i was aware that my nephew could say my name I rarely heard him say it. Then Friday I get a voice mail and there is my nephew saying my name, telling me he loves me and giving me kisses. Words cant describe-- I'm sure most of you understand what I'm talking about!

3. Again, I have been gone alot this week; away from my kitten! And i do feel so awful when she gives me the most pitiful look as I walk out the door. However, when I come home between 2:30-3 and lay down for a short nap before my second shift, she comes in my room, crawls under the sheet and sleeps snuggled up beside my leg. She stays there until I get up and then proceeds to be very vocal about her dislike of my departure again. She's definitely a momma's girl... YAY!!


4. I ordered Chilis on Friday and when I brought it home I realized they gave me a 2nd order of Country Fried Chicken Crispers but didn't charge me for it. Now I know some might say, "Seriously, this makes you happy?" But honestly, how many of you don't get excited when they accidentally give you an extra burrito/taco or something! Its like Food Christmas or something!! lol

5. I went to Abilene Educational Supply on Wednesday! Mind you, I have never been there before. And I realized I probably shouldn't have ever gone there. I'm pretty sure I spent a majority of the time with my mouth open just starring! I could spend a fortune at that store. But what pleasantly surprised me was that I found a ton of cute things to go with the Pond theme I am going for in my FKO room! Cute frogs and dragonflies-- i was literally giddy! Its been a while since I have been giddy!

6. Ive never been one to have a ton of friends. I usually have 2-3 really really good friends then some acquaintances. When I was away at college I went through soo many roommates coming and going that I started to think I would never really connect with any of them! And then Tara came along. And while any friendship has its rough spots, we weathered through! I got word this week that she is going to make it down the weekend of the 4th! I'm so excited! I went back to S-Ville in April, and while i was sooo excited to hang out again I ended up getting sick and it sort of put a damper on the weekend! So now we get to try again and its on my turf so I cant wait to show her around (not that there is much to show lol).

So those are just a few things that; while this past week was hell; I was able to see a light!! I truly love the little things!! I just finished putting sheets on my new bed (Its about time!! ) and cleaning the necessary parts of the bathroom in order to put up the new shower caddy, shower curtain, and bathroom carpet! Lots of changes in the Scott household! For the better, of course!!

On a totally random note: Ive heard some music and seen a few movies recently I thought I would pass along:
#1: I always liked Coldplay, but I wasn't a die hard fan. They had a few songs I liked but not much more. I bought their new album Viva la Vida. OMG I loved it! It was different from what I have been listening to and it just blew me away! Check it out!!
#2: Ive been a huge fan of One Republic, since before they hit big! You must listen to their album "Dreaming Out Loud." I love when a man sings but when a group of men sing, and sounds phenomenal its even better! Their songs are deep and meaningful. I actually used one of them, Come Home, in a little home video thing I made of our late cat Winston! Makes me cry every time!
#3: I went to go see Nanny McPhee 2 weeks ago with the girls at the Movie Camp thing they are having at the Century Theater! I had never seen it and never had a huge desire to. But man, that was a great movie. It was a clean movie that taught morals better then I have seen a movie do in a long time. Very pleasantly surprised. If you haven't seen it-- go rent it! It will be worth it!
#4: I also recently watched The Other Boleyn Girl! Apparently this movie is based on some facts; facts I was quite unaware of. Now while I am not a huge history buff I found it fascinating. This about the sisters, and their brother-- man it kind of shocked me and made the movie that much better! See it!!

Alright I think I'm done for the day! I have no idea what I will do next today! I have several options! Who knows lol! Anyway, everyone enjoy their weekend! Oh, and Happy early birthday to Allen Wooten! He turns 23 on Wednesday! Man I first met him when he was 16! I feel old now! DAMN!!

1 comments:

T said...

Sounds like you have been busy!

Its the little things that really do add up!!

Two more days!!! or maybe like 1 1/2?! I'm excited, hehe!!!

Cant wait.. Cant wait!

I saw the "Other Boleyn Girl" the weekend before last... I really like those kind of movies. kinda based on "true" facts... like "Elizabeth"... Anyway, I thought the movie was really interesting.... if that really was how it was back then... its really twisted..